How can Red8 help my company?
- Red8 can help you transform your traditional datacenter approaches and move toward and Application Agile infrastructure. This will give you the ability to strategically integrate Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity with an immediate result and incremental cost (either CAPEX or OPEX).
- Red8 expertise can assist your team into a secure, agile and scalable hybrid cloud. This is the underlying foundation that the agile applications (defined in part 1). These Agile applications can ride across seamlessly either in the same geographic location or distributed locations.
- These layered application and infrastructure foundations can simplify your infrastructure, eliminate cost and allow you to scale on-demand. Layer this with a self-service provisioning to cut down development and deployment times and a business enablement interface you can transform your IT to a business enabling tool.
I already have automation why do I also need orchestration?
- Most automation still requires a user’s interaction, usually an administrator. Orchestration takes automation further by enabling disparate systems to talk to each other in order to achieve an end goal. Think of a service-oriented architecture where everything happens dynamically based on demand with little or no intervention from a person (dynamic data centers, automated workflows and system provisioning and change management). Additional benefits of orchestration come from being able to provide centralized management of resources, reduced time to deploy complex multi-tiered applications, auto-scale of those applications based on performance metrics and criteria, as well as billing, metering and chargeback based on consumption.
Why do I need automation?
- Automation enables a business to focus on business problems instead of computer problems. Systems can be automated and those automations can be run forever at no additional cost. Automation increases quality and precision and reduces time on repetitive tasks which translates into cost savings and business productivity.
How will you be able to meet the IT demands of the business today? Do you have burst workloads that you are unable to address today? How can organizations address constant data center capacity needs?
- Cloud computing provides tremendous competitive advantages to companies.
Adopting private and hybrid cloud strategies enable enterprises to more easily and rapidly provision, and consume infrastructure resources with following key capabilities,
- Self-service cloud infrastructure provisioning automation, including a service catalog and policy-based life-cycle management capabilities.
- Automated infrastructure and virtualization management being used to enable elastic infrastructure resource pooling and sharing across multiple workloads and user groups.
- Workflow orchestration to enable integrated provisioning, migration, and control of complex cloud workloads and enabling cloud infrastructure and services on a coordinated basis.
- The ability to track cloud resource consumption to support life-cycle management, capacity planning, and (optionally) chargeback/showback.
- Performance monitoring and analytics for workloads and infrastructure used to enable and deliver public and private cloud services.
- Root-cause analysis and problem remediation software to optimize ongoing SLAs and end-user experiences.
How the proliferation of mobile devices and BYOD impacting IT and business? And what can you do about it? How can organizations protect and maintain data security while enabling workforce mobility?
- The pace and rate of technology change is faster than ever. According to analysts, 66% of people use two or more devices for work, and over 30% of the worldwide workforce is mobile. With these rapid changes, IT has to manage a much more diverse end-user landscape, creating new tiers of challenges for IT. IT needs the right end user computing solution strategy and the tools to address following needs.
- BYOD and workplace mobility
- High Availability Desktop and Endpoint Recovery
- Remote and Branch Office Access
- Centralized Windows Image Management
- Cloud & Offline File Sharing and Collaboration
What sets apart Hyper-converged system from a converged infrastructure?
- Converged infrastructure greatly reduces complexities around provisioning infrastructure resources by grouping server, network and storage from a single or multiple vendors into a single, optimized package, often accompanied with IT infrastructure management, automation and orchestration software vs. Hyper-converged infrastructure tightly integrates storage, compute, networking and hypervisors in the same box, configured to work together, simplifying architecture of virtual environment in terms of deployment, management and scalability.
Would you like to learn on the benefits of Automation, ITaas, PaaS, and XaaS On-Premise or Cloud?
- Red8 has a track record of helping our customers to create fully automated Self-Service Portals to help them go to market faster, agile delivery of services, maximize utilization for physical, virtual, and cloud resources. OPEX and CAPEX are reduced dramatically by automating repetitive tasks, reducing human error, and standardization on processes.
Would you like to reduce Data Center footprint, increase SLAs, minimize downtime, and improve efficiency through business agility?
- Customers can take advantage of Red8’s 25 years of expertise on Data Center Consolidation at every stack level of IT. Red8’s best practices for Data Center uptime, resource utilization, and DR planning have helped 1000’s of customers achieved 99.99999 availability.
Would you like to accelerate your Databases, Applications, Virtual Environments, increase IOPS, and performance?
- All Flash Arrays have really changed the way data is accessed. At Red8, we can help our customers take advantage of inline deduplication AFA’s to reduce Databases, Virtual Machines, and Application’s data footprints all under 1ms of access time. Multiple copies of the same Database can be deployed without sacrificing performance, increasing capacity, and keep extremely high deduplication levels.
What impact does hybrid storage have?
- By mixing HDD with SSD and Flash, we get the best of both worlds. We can size for an I/O profile requiring both performance and capacity. At Red8, we custom size each customer solution and include growth requirements, and hybrid storage gives us the flexibility to meet your scaling database as well as less hot data.
What impact does flash have?
- When you have a performance based application, flash can meet the performance with less drives. For example, a data profile that requires 90x HDD spindles can run on 12x SSD disks. This meets the performance with a much lower footprint, lower power and cooling and lower cost.
How do I get my data in and out of the cloud?
- With our subject matter experts, we design, private, public and hybrid cloud solutions. We have many partners we work with that integrate both. The key thing about cloud is that it is just another data center whether on premise or off premise. We uniquely design solutions meeting governance requirements with the agility to put your data anywhere it makes sense.
How can big data solutions be used in a cyber-attack response?
- The expansion of attack surfaces vulnerable to data leakage and exploitation is growing at an unprecedented rate. Unfortunately, existing solutions aren’t able to keep pace with the required methods of collecting and analyzing machine events in real time. Rather than relying on siloed network monitoring applications that are plagued with false positives and lack meaningful security event correlation, big data solutions can be used to intelligently report and alert at the application level. Red8 designs and implements custom solutions performing effective security event correlation providing easy to view dashboards to enhance security operation responsiveness.
How can IT managers get full visibility into security issues in the data center?
- Future data center controls revolve around a zero trust security model and application aware solutions as the growth of east to west traffic explodes. Red8 offers technologies that provide full visibility, hypervisor centric, transparent application security on a per VM basis. Software defined data center security specialists from Red8 are available to enable your business for future growth with protection and enablement in mind.
Is the demonstration of regulatory compliance from an information security perspective enough to protect my organization from today’s cyber-attacks?
- Passing compliance checks and audits does not guarantee a safe and secure environment regardless of new country-level legislation being introduced. While every regulation is slightly different, enhanced conformity must be achieved by addressing these four issues: Software defined firewalling, multifactor authentication, centralized correlation of application data, and most importantly next generation attack surface assessments. Tomorrow’s custom security evaluations are available from Red8 to effectively rate gaps and weaknesses of security controls where compliance stops ensuring a new level of trust and protection for your organization and customers.
How can Red8 help you drive change in your business to enable this transformation?
- Red8 has strategically partnered with some of the top IT vendors in the world to assist our customers in delivering on the goal of IT business transformation. Companies such as Cisco, VMware, NetApp and EMC all work tightly with Red8 and our customers to deliver the “IT Broker of Services” model. Through virtualization and automation of the data center and driving cost efficiency, customers are recognizing massive efficiency increases and their IT organizations are now being recognized as business enablers and not cost centers or road blocks to business growth.
What is IT business transformation?
- For years, IT departments have been considered a cost center. Their main role was to provide technology to the business and “keep the lights on.” However, things have changed. Today it is no longer acceptable for IT departments to provide the basic services and uptime. IT is being asked to innovate. IT is being asked to be agile and provide services and solutions to help the business to compete. IT is being asked to do more with less. If the IT department can’t meet the timelines and goals of the business, then the business will go elsewhere. To meet these new business needs and requirements, IT must change. IT must evaluate how they operate at every level to drive efficiency, agility and innovation. This is IT business transformation.
What is required to drive the change necessary for IT business transformation?
- In short, it takes a new approach. Technologies like virtualization enable you as the IT group to be more agile and efficient. But that does not solve the problem alone. Automation plays a massive role in agility. No longer can the business wait days and weeks to have access to the workloads and applications they need to compete. We operate in a world that lives on a minute to minute basis. Virtualizing and automating the data center is the path to delivering applications and workloads at that rapid pace. Understanding cost is also paramount. With the rise of cloud computing platforms, the business has many ways to consume data and applications. The delivery of applications is no longer limited to the internal data center. IT must be able to financially justify its infrastructure and provide options when the cost to provide internal services can’t compete with the cloud. IT has to become a “broker of services”.